|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Italian Bean & Pasta Salad|
Cold salad for side dish or meal. Makes 4 main course servings or 6 side salads.
How to make it:
- 1 cup rice pasta (shells, etc)
- 1 can pinto bean (or [compliant] cooked dry beans)
- 1/2 cup green pepper slivers [or substitute compliant vegetables]
- 1/2 cup red pepper slivers [or substitute compliant vegetables]
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain and cool under cold water, drain well. (Cook beans ahead of time if not using canned.)
- Place pasta and beans in a large bowl.
- Add peppers, cheese and onion.
- In a jar with tight fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients.
- Shake well to blend; pour over salad and toss.
- Cover and chill 1 hour or overnight.