|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Grilled Goat Cheese Salad|
Slices of goat cheese are dipped in egg, then rolled in spelt bread crumbs, then lightly fried in a little olive oil. Served on a bed of mesclun with dressing of your choice. I served this recently at a gathering and my friends loved it.
How to make it:
- 1 150gram pkg. goat cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup homemade spelt breadcrumbs
- Enough mesclun greens for 8 appetizer servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dressing of your choice (I used a tofu based creamy dressing, yum)
- Carefully slice the goat cheese in 8 rounds ( you can reshape them fairly easily as they do crumble)
- Dip first in beaten egg, then in breadcrumbs to coat all sides.
- In non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook cheese turning once for 3-5 minutes until crisp & golden.
- Arrange greens on salad plates, set cheese in center, drizzle with dressing of your choice.
- Makes 8 servings