|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet Potato Pancakes|
What follows is the Sweet Potato Pancakes Recipe from CR4YT page 207: Sweet Potatoes are a Vitamin A packed treat. They are lovely when baked, and great in casseroles and stews. These pancakes are a perfect accompaniment to grilled meats and roasts, and are equally delicious with poultry and fish (and good for breakfast too says Tabitha).
How to make it:
- 1 large sweet potato or 4 cups grated
- 1/4 red onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil or canola oil for cooking
- Wash and rinse sweet potato; do not peel.
- Grate over a large plate.
- Add onion and cilantro.
- Mix in egg and flour until well incorporated.
- The mixture will be loose, but will form patties.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and carefully pan-fry each cake 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked, the pancakes can be kept warm in a 250-degree Fahrenheit oven for an hour or so.
- Makes 6 large dinner-size pancakes or 15 appetizer-size pancakes.