|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Ginger, Lemon, and Walnut Muffins|
Originally made and posted by Janet on the message board under 'A Treat for You'
How to make it:
- Grated peel of 2 lemons
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 3/4 cup sugar [or agave]
- 1/2 cup olive oil or butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream, organic yogurt, or soy yogurt according to blood type
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups spelt flour (Janet used whole, stone ground spelt flour)[or rice]
- Put lemon peel, fresh ginger, and sugar in food processor. Process until all large pieces are broken down (cut in small pieces first to assist).
- Add this mix to the oil and beat until well blended. (If using butter, beat until fluffy).
- Add eggs and yogurt, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the chopped walnuts and stir.
- Sift the dry Ingredients together and add all at once to wet batter. Fold gently into the batter. Bake in greased muffin tins at 400 degrees F, 20-30 minutes, or until center of muffin springs back when pressed gently with a finger. Can be made all in one pan like a cake