|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
This recipe works for everyone with a few changes; making it perfect for a multi-blood type family.
How to make it:
- Wheat-Free Fruit-Nut Muffins (or almost)
- Categories: Muffins
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 c Rice flour
- 1 tb Baking powder
- 1/2 c Oat or corn flour (or spelt) according your blood type.
- 1/4 c Chopped walnuts
- 1/4 c Honey
- 1/4 c Canola or light tasting Olive Oil ( if you are on a low-fat diet, use only 1 tbsp of oil and 1/3 cup of plain or cinnamon apple sauce)
- 1 c Nonfat milk, soy milk, rice milk or oat milk -- your choice according to blood type.
- 2 Eggs; lightly beaten, or 4 egg whites or a 1/2 cup of egg beaters (lowest in additives I've found)
- 1/2 c Chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 c Fresh or frozen cranberries or Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Lightly oil and flour 1 (12-cup) muffin pan. Combine rice flours of your choice and baking powder in large bowl. In separate bowl, combine walnuts, honey, oil, milk and eggs. Combine egg mixture with flour mixture, stirring gently. Stir in apricots and berries. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake 20 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned and springy to the touch. I image you could make this into bread too! Enjoy.