|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Curried Chicken Livers|
A wonderfully flavoured warm dish, easy to prepare and perfect for cool fall nights!
How to make it:
- 2 packages of chicken livers, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons of spelt flour [or use a BTD compliant substitute]
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon of curry, to taste
- pinch of salt
- Remove any fat from the rinsed chicken livers.
- Dredge each in flour.
- Brown in olive oil in heavy saucepan, about 5-8 at a time.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook stirring constantly until onion is slightly browned.
- Mix curry and chicken broth together, pour over livers.
- Simmer on medium low until reduced and sauce is thickened.
- Serve over steamed brown rice.
- Makes 4 to 6 portions (or 2 if you are feeding my husband!)