|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Barley Grain Dish|
Quick and easy barley dish that can be an alternate to mashed potatoes.
How to make it:
- 1 cup of dry barley
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped or 6 scallons chopped.
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 3 cups of beef or chicken broth.
- your favorite seasonings.
- melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, barley, garlic, and seasoning. Saute, stiring constantly, till the barley is slightly brown and the veggies are turning soft.
- Place in a medium casserol dish and add 3 cups of broth to the mixture.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees.
- Adding more water or broth if the barley becomes dry.
- Bake until barley is tender and fluffy, 45 min to 1 hr. Makes 3 cups of cooked barley.
- This dish has a slight nutty taste and is great as a complement with Beef or Chicken. Nice substitute for mashed potatoes.