|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Edna's O-Friendly Oyster Stuffing|
|Contributed by: Edna||From the Recipe Archives|
This is a great wheat-free stuffing recipe I've created and fine-tuned for special occasions like Thanksgiving.
How to make it:
- 1 package of 100% rye bread (French Meadows 100% rye w/flax seed)
- 1 can of oysters (not the smoked kind), drained
- 2 large onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- poultry seasoning (that's what it is called, available in the spice section of the supermarket), to taste
- sea salt, to taste
- Extra-virgin, cold-pressed olive oil (keep the whole bottle handy)
- Rub the inside cavity of a 12 pound turkey with olive oil and sea salt.
- Tear up all the bread into course pieces and place them into a mixing bowl.
- Add the oysters, the chopped onion, and the chopped garlic.
- Sprinkle poultry seasoning and salt, to taste.
- Mix well.
- Stuff the bird and cook the turkey as you normally would.
The stuffing is fool-proof and comes out wonderfully!