|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Roast Sticky Chicken|
I found this on FriendlyFreezer@Onelist and modified it for blood type. It is delicious. I quadrupled the recipe and froze the chickens. I heated at 250F for another hour after thawed.
How to make it:
- 1-1/3 Tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 large roasting chicken
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine all the spices.
- Remove giblets from chicken, clean the cavity well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the spice mixture into the chicken, both inside and out, making sure it is evenly distributed and down deep into the skin.
- Place in a resealable plastic bag, seal and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to roast chicken, stuff cavity with onions, and place in a shallow baking pan.
- Roast, uncovered, at 250 degrees for 5 hours (yes, 250 degrees for 5 hours).
- After the first hour, baste chicken occasionally (every half hour or so) with pan juices.
- The pan juices will start to caramelize on the bottom of pan and the chicken will turn golden brown.
- If the chicken contains a pop-up thermometer, ignore it.
- Let chicken rest about 10 minutes before carving. Freeze all or part in ziplocs after baking.
- Thaw and reheat, or use meat cold.