|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Oat & Almond Pie Crust|
|Contributed by: Lauren Lagergren||Added: Mar 10, 2014 at 05:36 PM|
I developed this crust when I didn't have graham cracker crumbs for a chocolate cream pie I was making for a friend's daughter's 18th birthday party.
How to make it:
- 4 C old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1/2 C raw almonds
- 1/2 C butter(blood type B)or ghee(blood type A and AB)
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 t salt
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/4 cocoa or carob powder
- 3 T honey
- Oven: 400 degrees. Place almonds in Ziploc bag and seal; pound until coarsely broken. Mix with oats in medium size bowl.
- Spread mixture in baking pan and place in oven. Let mixture brown, stirring several times so it toasts evenly.
- Remove from oven and dump into bowl and rub until partly mealy. Add brown sugar, salt, butter or ghee, vanilla, cocoa or carob, and honey and mix thoroughly.
- Spread mixture in bottom of baking dish or sides and bottom of pie plate. Drizzle with honey. Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cool and add filling of choice.
- Note: Eliminate cocoa or carob depending on the filling or flavors