|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Lauren Lagergren||Added: Mar 09, 2014 at 06:47 PM|
A warming soup perfect for a chilly autumn or winter day!
How to make it:
- 1/2 large can pure pumpkin
- 2-1/2 T ghee
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 1/4 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 t cinnamon or 1/4 nutmeg, 1/4 cloves
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 T dark honey or agave syrup
- 1 C water
- 1 C almond milk or other nut milks
- Melt ghee in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sliced leeks and chopped onion. Cook over low heat until soft.
- Add water and seasonings, then pumpkin. Whisk together until incorporated.
- Add honey and almond milk; stir. Heat until hot; do not boil.
- Check and correct for seasoning.
- Makes 4 lunch/dinner or 8 appetizer servings.
- Try with: 5 spice, yellow onion, fresh garlic, nutmeg, or cloves(no more than 1/4 teaspoon)