|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Marinated Roast Chicken|
I have a chicken recipe that I use for legs in large quantities. Its marinated, cooked, then frozen in Ziplocs. Can be doubled or tripled. Similar to El Pollo Loco chicken.
How to make it:
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup lime and lemon juice (equal parts each)
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 4 pounds chicken legs (other chicken pieces will work as well)
- Puree all marinade Ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Put chicken in large ziploc bags and pour marinade over.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours, turning once or twice.
- Roast on rack in oven at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until chicken is done and skin is crisp. (I use convection, so don't have to turn pieces, and skin is nicely done.)
- Cool slightly and freeze in ziplocs.
- Remove as many as you need at a time. These can be reheated from frozen state in the microwave (1 minute, turn, 1 minute-- for two pieces), or thaw overnight and reheat in oven.