|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Black Bean Cookies (Chocolate/Peanut Butter Variety)|
|Contributed by: C Sharp||Added: Sep 26, 2013 at 02:22 PM|
Like Black brown Brownies ,but in a cookie shape.
How to make it:
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained (15 ounce can)
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla or other BTD compliant
- 2/3 cup peanut butter or other BTD compliant
- 1/3 cup honey or other BTD compliant
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder [baking powder Recipes]
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Beans need to get mashed up (I use a vita mix for this blending it with the more liquid ingredients).
- Combine the mixture with all the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips.
- Stirring the mixture in a bowl until everything is smooth.
- In a food processor combine black beans, cocoa powder, vanilla, peanut butter, honey and baking powder.
- Mash the beans and blend them with the rest of the ingredients.
- Process the mixture until things are smooth.
- Transfer the food processor mixture to a bowl.
- Stir the dark chocolate chips into the mixture or just break up a dark chocolate bar (decrease the amount of chips and increase the cocoa powder, according to budget).
- Roll your dough into 2-inch balls.
- Place balls on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Press slightly to flatten.
- Bake at 350F for 12 minutes.