|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Cubed Turkey over Rice|
White sauce with turkey cubes over rice. A great use of the leftover turkey following thanksgiving. Just cube and put in freezer until ready to use. Place frozen turkey cubes in fridge 24 hours before preparing meal.
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 Tablespoons Vegan Butter Spread or other BTD compliant
- 1/4 cup spelt flour or other BTD compliant
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup soy milk or other BTD compliant
- 2 cups cooked turkey cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme or other BTD compliant
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Brown Rice
- Saute celery and onion in the butter about 5 minutes.
- Gradually stir in flour and cook over low heat until mixture is bubbly.
- Gradually add broth to mixture stirring constantly.
- Add milk and bring to a boil.
- Stir frequently while simmering for 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and thyme heating all the way through.
- Add lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper.
- Serve over brown rice.