|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Gluten Free Almond Flour Muffins|
|Contributed by: Chloe||Added: May 04, 2013 at 07:45 PM|
A yummy gluten free, sweetened only with dried fruit, muffin.
How to make it:
- 1-1/2 cup almond flour (almond meal or brown rice flour)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 dates, soaked and chopped
- 3 medium eggs or 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoon oil (walnut is good)
- 1/4 cup water (use date water)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries (or any dried fruit of choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Soak 6 pitted dates in a pot of heated water until softened.
- In a blender add drained dates, 1/4 cup of the date water, oil, and eggs.
- Blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, mix flour with ground flax, baking soda and salt.
- Pour liquid ingredients from blender into dry and mix well.
- Fold in cranberries or cherries (or other dried fruit of choice).
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake about 20 minutes.