|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Goat Cheese Cake|
|Contributed by: Ruthiegirl||Added: Apr 26, 2013 at 04:38 PM|
A delicious cheesecake that uses goat cheese in place of the usual cream cheese, making it compliant for more people. We often use this as a birthday cake.
How to make it:
- 10.5 ounces soft goat cheese (chevre)
- 1/2 cup honey or agave
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 6 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons rice flour (or any compliant flour)
- Let the goat cheese soften at room temperature, or warm in the microwave.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare an 8 inch square or round baking pan by spraying with cooking spray or a generous coating of butter or ghee.
- Combine the cheese with the honey, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Use an electric mixer or stir really well. (Make the cheese extra-soft if mixing by hand.)
- Add eggs, 2 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in the flour.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until fork in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool before serving- (this cake is great if you make it a day ahead.)
- Top with whipped cream and/or fresh fruit, if desired. (We often use whipped cream as 'frosting' for birthdays)