|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Adam||Added: Apr 01, 2013 at 02:54 PM|
These flax crackers are crispy and fun to eat, and a great way to get the benefits of flax. They go great with canned fish, cheese, guacamole, or just by themselves as a quick snack.
How to make it:
- 1 cup ground flax
- 1 Tablespoon whole flax seeds (optional)
- 1 cup brown rice flour (substitute other flours as needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon ghee
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients, mix well with fork.
- Cut in the oil and ghee with fork and mix well until resembling coarse cornmeal.
- Add water and form into ball of dough. Divide in half.
- Distribute brown rice flour over clean flat surface.
- Roll out dough with floured rolling pin to desired thickness.
- Using pizza cutter, cut into small squares.
- Using spatula, place onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees until done.
- Remove to plate to cool.
- Store in airtight container.
- Makes 8 servings. Each serving is approximately 1 oz. at 145 calories per serving.