|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Chloe||Added: Mar 23, 2013 at 03:44 PM|
A moist chewy, gluten free, sugar free, high fiber breakfast cake that includes many food groups.
How to make it:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of applesauce or fruit puree
- 1-1/3 cup of quinoa flakes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 40 almonds crushed
- 2 Tablespoons flax seeds
- 4 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- cinnamon, ginger, allspice or spices to taste....
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325
- Beat 4 eggs with a whisk and add the chia seeds and applesauce.
- Mix well and let chia seeds expand a bit.
- Add lemon juice and whisk again.
- Combine quinoa flakes, baking soda, sea salt, spices, and mix to disperse spices well.
- Add to wet ingredients and fold in well.
- Then add frozen blueberries and mix again.
- Grease a loaf pan, 8 x 4 ...and doesn't matter if it's larger because you can adjust baking time down a bit and result is a flatter loaf.
- This can also be baked in a square pan. I've made this in muffin tins and it made 8 small muffins.
- Bake about 40 minutes until firm. Cool, slice.
- This is a very generous serving if you allow yourself 4 slices to a loaf but because it only comes out to one serving of cereal (quinoa flakes), one egg, 1 T of chia seeds and 1/2 T of flax seeds, 10 almonds, if you're hungry, 1/4 of this entire loaf can be breakfast.
- I often cut into 4 large slices, freeze what I'm not going to use and re-heat my servings one at a time.