|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Ruthiegirl||Added: Jan 20, 2013 at 05:50 PM|
A compliant substitute for commercial baking powder. Adding a compliant starch makes the resulting powder usable in any recipe; just substitute one teaspoon of this powder for the baking powder called for in any recipe. Or you can skip the starch; it will work just as well but you'll need to use 3/4 as much as the recipe calls for.
How to make it:
- check other existing [baking powder Recipes]
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon arrowroot, tapioca,or other compliant starch.
- Blend all ingredients together in a dry container.
- Be sure to mix well before combining with liquid ingredients in a recipe.
- You may make a big batch and store in an airtight container; this recipe makes 2 teaspoons of baking powder.