|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Christine Calabrese"A tasty side dish that compliments meat or vegetarian entrees. Millet is easy to digest and gluten-free."||Added: Dec 11, 2012 at 03:44 PM|
A tasty side dish that compliments meat or vegetarian entrees.
How to make it:
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup millet
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 veggie bouillon (or un-chicken bouillon)
- 1/2 teaspoon Tumeric
- Chop onion.
- Peel and dice carrots.
- Saute the onion in olive oil in sauce pan until onion is soft and clear.
- Add millet and sauté, stirring constantly, cover millet with oil and toast. Millet should be slightly brown.
- Add water, bouillon, turmeric and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Note: Careful not to burn the millet when you toast it!