|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Roasted Beetroot and Carrot salad|
|Contributed by: Adele Henson||Added: Sep 25, 2012 at 06:35 PM|
dry roasting in the oven shredded Beetroot and carrot and add some fresh herbs
|Best Used By Blood Types:Category:|
How to make it:
- 2 medium sized beetroot
- 3 medium sized carrots
- small bunch of chives
- small bunch of continental parsley
- 100g - 200g mix lettuce leaves
- Large size baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- Peel both Beetroots and large size grate.
- Peel all Carrots and large size grate and place both vegetables on the baking tray separately. Bake in a slow oven 120c for about 1 hour. You will notice that the grated vegetables have shrunk and dried. This adds a lovely sweetness being dried in the oven.
- Place in a bowl and cool.(it will not take long to cool)
- Cut up 1/2 cm lengths the parsley and chives and mix in with the beetroot and carrot mixture.
- Then toss in the mix lettuce leaves.
- This is a great side salad to have with fish or lentil burgers.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.