|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Roasted Beetroot and Carrot salad|
|Contributed by: Adele Henson||Added: Sep 25, 2012 at 06:35 PM|
dry roasting in the oven shredded Beetroot and carrot and add some fresh herbs
How to make it:
- 2 medium sized beetroot
- 3 medium sized carrots
- small bunch of chives
- small bunch of continental parsley
- 100g - 200g mix lettuce leaves
- Large size baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.
- Peel both Beetroots and large size grate.
- Peel all Carrots and large size grate and place both vegetables on the baking tray separately. Bake in a slow oven 120c for about 1 hour. You will notice that the grated vegetables have shrunk and dried. This adds a lovely sweetness being dried in the oven.
- Place in a bowl and cool.(it will not take long to cool)
- Cut up 1/2 cm lengths the parsley and chives and mix in with the beetroot and carrot mixture.
- Then toss in the mix lettuce leaves.
- This is a great side salad to have with fish or lentil burgers.