|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Fall Beef Stew|
|Contributed by: Kathleen Bellavia||Added: Sep 17, 2012 at 08:29 PM|
|Best Used By Blood Types:Category:|
How to make it:
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 pound organic stew meat - 1 inch cubes
- 4 TBSP spelt flour
- 2 cups organic beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cups baby portabella mushrooms
- 2 turnips, cubed
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP mixed herbs
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef and cook until browned on all sides.
- Lower heat and add flour.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Transfer mixture to a crock pot or slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and cover.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 4 to 6 hours.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.