|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Fall Beef Stew|
|Contributed by: Kathleen Bellavia||Added: Sep 17, 2012 at 08:29 PM|
How to make it:
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 pound organic stew meat - 1 inch cubes
- 4 TBSP spelt flour
- 2 cups organic beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cups baby portabella mushrooms
- 2 turnips, cubed
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP mixed herbs
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add beef and cook until browned on all sides.
- Lower heat and add flour.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Transfer mixture to a crock pot or slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and cover.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 4 to 6 hours.