|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Awesome Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie|
|Contributed by: Bethany||Added: Sep 17, 2012 at 07:37 PM|
From allrecipes.com: 'This is a fast vegan smoothie with a deep pink color and a rich, creamy texture. VERY filling, and perfect for people in a rush in the morning. You don't have to give up a good breakfast when it's this fast to make!'
How to make it:
- 1 cup soy milk (or almond milk, rice milk, regular milk, yogurt etc.)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup or more frozen fruit (strawberries, blueberries, peaches etc.)
- *1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- *1-1/2 teaspoons white sugar/agave syrup/honey
- *ground flaxseed
- Comments: *If desired
- In a blender, combine soy milk, oats, and fruit.
- Add vanilla and sugar if desired.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve.
- Comments: *To get a better texture from the oats, try blending them first before adding the other ingredients until it turns in to a fine powder.