|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Fig Walnut Energy Bars|
|Contributed by: Joy||Added: Jul 19, 2012 at 09:48 PM|
The perfect energy snack for Type O (highly beneficial)
How to make it:
- 1-1/4 cups black walnuts
- 3/4 cup dried figs
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 2 heaping Tablespoons carob powder
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- In food processor, grind walnuts into fine meal.
- Coarsely chop figs, add to nuts and pulse until combined.
- Add vanilla, carob and agave.
- Pulse until dough forms.
- Shape into approximate 12 inch log, roll in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Bring to room temp before serving.
- Cut into about 1/2 inch slices.