|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Broccoli [Turkey] Bacon Salad|
|Contributed by: from Lifescript Healthy Living for Women||Added: Jul 19, 2012 at 11:26 AM|
A picnic favorite, this salad combines broccoli, water chestnuts, cranberries and just a little bacon for delicious results.
How to make it:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise [mayonnaise recipes]
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream [or plain yogurt]
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar [or lemon juice]
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups finely chopped broccoli crowns
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
- 3 slices cooked turkey bacon, crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk garlic, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add broccoli, water chestnuts, bacon bits, cranberries and pepper.
- Stir to coat with dressing.