|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Roasted garlic and broccoli soup|
|Contributed by: Bo Miller||Added: Jun 13, 2012 at 11:00 AM|
Healthy soup that packs a flavor punch.
How to make it:
- 2 large heads of broccoli (around 500g or 2 cups)
- 10 large cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 litre (34 fl oz) vegetable broth
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C or 390F.
- Wrap the garlic cloves together in tin foil, and put the tinfoil package in the oven for 40 minutes. Don't peel them, put them in the oven with the skin intact.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and put a large soup pan on your stove. Heat the olive oil, and cook the onion until tender.
- Add the vegetable broth (it's OK if you made it from a tablet) and wait until it boils.
- In the meantime, chop the broccoli and the zucchini; when the broth is boiling, add the vegetables.
- Add the soy sauce and the curry powder.
- Now the garlic should be done, so take it out of the oven, take off the tinfoil, and squeeze the now almost liquid garlic paste from the skins, directly into the soup.
- Let all of it simmer for around one hour. When even the broccoli stems are tender, take your blender or mixer, and purée everything into a nice, smooth soup.