|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Type A Pasta Angela|
|Contributed by: Angela Spranger||Added: May 26, 2012 at 05:05 PM|
Several of the items in this recipe can be manipulated according to your preference.
How to make it:
- ½ large onion, diced
- 1 leek, white and pale green sections
- 1 small can of mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Aidell’s chicken sausages, or ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon chicken base
- 1-½ teaspoon basil pesto
- ½ - 1 cup fresh spinach, to your taste
- Seasoned salt [check ingredients for compliance]
- Italian seasoning [BTD compliant]
- ½ teaspoon lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Rotini or penne pasta [BTD compliant]
- Slice up the chicken sausage and set it to cook in the olive oil. If you use ground turkey, let it brown all the way and pour off the excess oil.
- Boil the water for pasta, and when it is rolling, add the pasta in to cook.
- Dice the onion, and toss it in on top of the meat. Toss them together so the sausages don’t burn. You can put the sausages around the sides of the skillet and leave the onions in the middle to sauté.
- Cut off the root end of the leek, just about 1/8 of an inch, and the darkest green leaves at the top where they split apart. Then cut the leek in half longwise and slice it down thinly. Toss it in with the onion and sausage.
- Take the spinach leaves and cut off the stems, then run the knife through them so you have bite size pieces. Toss the spinach in to steam and reduce.
- At this point you can add the chicken base and basil pesto, along with the garlic.
- Open the can of mushrooms and drain most of the liquid out, then add mushrooms into the skillet to add more liquid. Let them sauté and mix everything together.
- Add seasoned salt, Italian seasoning, and just a dash of lemon peel for flavor (go light rather than heavy, you can add more later).
- Simmer it all and let the flavors marry.
- Add half a cup of water to create a nice sauce.
- Serve over hot pasta.