|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Type A Lentil Stew|
|Contributed by: Angela Spranger||Added: May 26, 2012 at 04:33 PM|
This is an excellent way to get in a lot of beneficials at once.
How to make it:
- 2 cans of Progresso lentil soup (your preference) or fresh lentils, prepared
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- ½ bag of kale, or 2 large bunches of fresh kale
- Minced garlic
- Seasoned salt [check ingredients]
- Italian seasoning [BTD compliant]
- Cut up the carrots first and put them in to sauté (they take longer to soften up).
- Dice the onions and celery and add them too.
- While they sauté, cut the kale down into bite size pieces, removing the stems.
- Once the onions are transparent, toss in the kale to steam and reduce.
- Add in one to two teaspoons of minced garlic (from a jar, or fresh), to taste.
- Let everything simmer together for a few minutes and stir it all up.
- Pour in the two cans of lentil soup, add seasoned salt and just a shake of Italian seasoning.
- Simmer for a good 20 – 30 minutes, or until the carrots are soft.