|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Best Used By Blood Types:Category:|
How to make it:
- Recipe for Moroccan Carrots:
- 1/4 C. Fresh Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tbsp. crumbled fat-free feta or goat cheese (optional)
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350 deg. to 400 deg.). In an 8x8 inch foil pan combine lemon juice, honey, oil, and cumin and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cut carrots diagonally into quarters about 1 1/2 inches long. Place in a pan of boiling water; cook 10 min. or just until fork-tender; drain.
- Transfer carrots to grill. Grill 10 minutes or until tender and lightely charred, turning several times.
- Remove carrots from grill; add to lemon juice mixture in pan.
- Place pan directly on grill. Grill, covered 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Season with salt
- sprinkle with cilantro and (if desired) cheese, and serve.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This is a low lectin recipe. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.