|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
How to make it:
- Recipe for Moroccan Carrots:
- 1/4 C. Fresh Lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 tbsp. crumbled fat-free feta or goat cheese (optional)
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350 deg. to 400 deg.). In an 8x8 inch foil pan combine lemon juice, honey, oil, and cumin and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cut carrots diagonally into quarters about 1 1/2 inches long. Place in a pan of boiling water; cook 10 min. or just until fork-tender; drain.
- Transfer carrots to grill. Grill 10 minutes or until tender and lightely charred, turning several times.
- Remove carrots from grill; add to lemon juice mixture in pan.
- Place pan directly on grill. Grill, covered 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Season with salt
- sprinkle with cilantro and (if desired) cheese, and serve.