|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: Destry Stokes Keye||Added: May 24, 2012 at 12:34 AM|
How to make it:
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large carrots, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 Tablespoon crumbled fat-free feta or goat cheese (optional)
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (350 deg. to 400 deg.).
- In an 8x8 inch foil pan combine lemon juice, honey, oil, and cumin and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Cut carrots diagonally into quarters about 1-1/2 inches long.
- Place in a pan of boiling water; cook 10 minutes or just until fork-tender; drain.
- Transfer carrots to grill.
- Grill 10 minutes or until tender and lightly charred, turning several times.
- Remove carrots from grill; add to lemon juice mixture in pan.
- Place pan directly on grill.
- Grill, covered 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, sprinkle with cilantro and (if desired) cheese, and serve.