|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Salty Oat Cookies |
|Contributed by: Jan Harris||Added: May 08, 2012 at 04:03 PM|
These delicious salty oat cookies can serve as dessert or as a carry-along snack to tide you over to your next right-4-your-type meal.
How to make it:
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Cups Maple Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup Brown Rice Flour
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Finely Ground Flax
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Rolled Oats
- Optional: Add Dried Cranberries, Walnuts (or dried fruit/nuts compatible with your type).
- Soften butter in a bowl.
- Mash then use a mixer to mix with maple syrup until blended.
- Add eggs, vanilla, nutmeg.
- Separately blend all dry ingredients, except rolled oats.
- Add blended dry ingredients to blended wet ingredients and mix together.
- Add rolled oats, dried fruit and nuts and mix.
- Drop cookie mixture in plump spoonfuls on non-stick cookie sheet. Cookies do not spread out much so you can space them closely.
- Bake cookies at 375 degrees for 13-15 minutes. Longer cooking time yields crispier cookies.
- Lighly salt the tops of the cookies when removing from the oven.
- Cool a few minutes before serving or removing to a storage dish.