|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Homemade Soy-free Chocolate|
|Contributed by: Valerie Trumps||Added: May 08, 2012 at 08:52 AM|
Fast, easy, and fairly cheap to make. Low glycemic from using agave as the sweetener.
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/8 to 1/4 cup agave syrup (to taste)
- Mix all together and beat by hand until it starts to thicken and cool.
- Drop by teaspoons onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. It will look like disks. With practice, you can make a little curly q on top.
- Put baking sheet in freezer (no cover necessary) until chocolate is frozen as solid as it's gonna get. The chocolate will not get a whitish or grayish cast.
- Store in freezer in a covered container, using single layers separated by sheets of parchment paper so they won't stick together.
- Try not to eat it all at once.
- Yield: 12 large patties or 24 small ones