|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Paella with seafood and sausage|
|Contributed by: SJC||Added: Mar 27, 2012 at 10:58 AM|
Fast, easy and healthy rice dish!
How to make it:
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups stock (vegetable or chicken) or water
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 package chicken sausage
- 1/2 lb. White fish
- 1 package frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1-2 cups sliced peppers (red, green, etc.)
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 3-5 tbsp parsley
- 1-2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Lemon wedges to garnish
- Slice sausage and fry in 2 tbsp oil in a Large pot. Remove and set aside. Add remaining oil and sautée rice, stirring for several minutes. Add stock or water and return the meat to the pot.
- Add spices.
- Cover, simmer at low heat, about 15 mins. Stir periodically.
- When rice is almost done and some liquid still remains, add fish pieces and peppers.
- Cover, let simmer several minutes.
- Stir and break up fish into smaller pieces, then add shrimp and keep stirring for a minute or two.
- Serve warm, add a squirt of juice from lemon wedges if desired.
- Serves 4-6