|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Carob Fruit Slice|
|Contributed by: Jenny||Added: Mar 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM|
Originally developed for Type O. Substitute for compliance for yourself.
How to make it:
- 4 cups frozen red or black currants, or other tinned fruit as appropriate to taste and type
- 4 cups carob powder (that's two packets the way I purchase them)
- 1 cup millet flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 Tablespoons good oil
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 2 cups water
- 4 eggs
- pinch salt
- Prepare a very large loaf pan with two layers of bake paper to make sure that all sides are protected.
- Plan to heat oven to 150 degrees.
- Mix all together, being careful not to add the eggs to the frozen fruit in the first instance as they will curdle.
- Cover pan with a tight layer of alfoil and cook for 2 hours in middle of oven, then leave to cool down with heat turned off for another 2 or 3 hours.
- When totally cool, invert and slice for future use. I pack them in plastic containers, and they last in the fridge for several weeks.
- Best not to slice whilst still warm as it can break easily.
- If you prefer to cook in two smaller cake pans, you can reduce the cooking time to 1 and a half hours, but it is best to rotate the pans half way.