|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Green Ice Cubes ~ Save My Produce!|
|Contributed by: Demaroge||Added: Mar 16, 2012 at 04:38 PM|
Are you tired of throwing away greens and other fresh produce? Does it take several days to use half a bunch of parsley...and the wilted half goes in the compost? The answer is right here! Preserve your greens this fast and easy way. Anyone can do it!
How to make it:
- fresh parsley
- any herbs or seasonings you prefer
- any other produce you have that has seen its better day yesterday
- 2 cups water
- Add 2 cups water to your blender or vita-mix.
- Roughly chop your greens.
- Pour the green mixture into ice cube trays. (Foam egg cartons work well in a pinch. Carefully cut the tops off to use in between the trays to stack in the freezer.)
- When cubes are frozen store them in a zipper bag or other freezer container.
- Use the cubes as seasoning in soups and stews, add to the nutritional value of your smoothies or any other recipe for an added healthy punch.
- You can use a variety of greens or other vegetables. Be sure to label the storage containers in the freezer to identify the different varieties you make.