|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Crustless Spinach Quiche|
|Contributed by: Patti Barlitt||Added: Feb 12, 2012 at 09:36 PM|
Was looking for a recipe for quiche for type 'A'. This seems like a winner.
How to make it:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 10 ounces spinach (frozen, thawed and drained)
- 1-1/2 cup cheddar cheese (6 ounces) [mozzarella]
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup fat-free cottage cheese (or ricotta)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add onion and cook, stirring for 5 min, or until translucent.
- Add spinach and stir until moisture has evaporated, about 3 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly in 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Top with spinach mixture.
- In medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, egg, cottage cheese, cayenne, salt, nutmeg.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over spinach.
- Bake at 375 F for 30 to 40 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 5 minutes, then cut into wedges and serve.
- (courtesy of yummly.com)