|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
This is very quick and easy, it takes black-eyed peas & eggs down to a flavorful first.
|Best Used By Blood Types:|
- Type A (2 beneficials)
- Type A Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
- Type O (2 beneficials)
- Type O Non Secretor (1 beneficials)
How to make it:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 t pepper
- 3 Tablespoon mustard seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup dried black-eyed peas
- 1 cupsliced onions
- 3 cup h3o
- 1 strip bacon (optional)
- 6 eggs fried (any-way you like)
- Saute mustard seeds in oil til popping starts
- add salt & pepper
- Allow h30 in gradually, add peas & onions.
- Add more h30 if needed.
- Bring to boil & simmer.
- Add sugar and bacon.
- Cook til tender (beans).
- On warmed plates dish up peas and throw on 2 fried eggs. Ezekiel toast or rice almond toast on side.
- serves 3-4
- takes 1 hr possibly 1-1/2 hrs to finish.
BTD Core Ingredients Analysis:
 This recipe uses ingredients which may help limit bacterial overgrowth.
 This recipe uses ingredients rich in lignans.
This recipe is low in common allergens. This recipe is gluten free. This recipe uses ecologically friendly ingredients.
If an ingredient is an avoid for your blood type, then try using a BTD compliant variant/substitute or leaving the item out of the recipe.
When using any recipe, always check it for avoids and make the appropriate adjustments where necessary. The Blood Type Diet Recipe Database has been recently greatly enhanced. Also, the food lists changed somewhat a couple of years ago, and all recipes in the database may not reflect those changes in terms of the blood types for which the recipes are recommended. Volunteer Blood Type Diet Forums Members are working to review and update all the recipes to take advantage of the all the new features and food lists. Please be patient with us until the process has been completed.
- Revised Sep 30, 2007 at 03:42 PM By: Rodney
- Revised Oct 01, 2007 at 08:25 PM By: Rodney