|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Honey Garlic Chicken|
|Contributed by: Cindi Murrah||Added: Jan 09, 2012 at 02:20 PM|
Sweet and Savory Chicken Dish can be cooked in the Crockpot or in the oven and served with Brown Rice or Rice Pasta.
How to make it:
- 3/4 pound of chicken
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup honey or agave
- 1/4 Tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
- 1/8 cup chopped onions
- 1 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbs chia seeds (optional)
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, place in Crock Pot. In a small bowl, combine honey, Tamari, onion, tomato paste, oil, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Mix well and pour over chicken. Top with chia seeds and cook for 3 hours on low or 1 1/2 hours on high. Remove chicken and cut into bite size pieces. Return to crock pot and toss with sauce (cook longer if needed) Serve over brown rice or rice pasta.
- To bake chicken as 30 minute meal:
- Dice chicken and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place in 8x8 pan. Mix sauce and pour over chicken top with chia seeds and bake at 350 for 20 minutes stirring after 10 minutes.
- Serves 2