|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|sugar-free cranberry sauce|
|Contributed by: Zenna Liber||Added: Jan 09, 2012 at 02:11 PM|
Simple cranberry sauce made with no added sweeteners that can be used as a sauce, condiment, dressing or as a snack. Store in refrigerator for approximately one week. Dehydrates well also.
How to make it:
- 3 cups washed, ripe cranberries
- 2 medium sized apples, peeled, cored & chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups water
- wash and sort cranberries - discard bruised or soft berries.
- wash, peel, core and chop 2 apples (fuji or gala apples are great in this recipe).
- In 2 medium sized pots, bring 1 cup water to a boil (1 cup in each).
- In pot 1, add cranberries and return to boil.
- reduce cranberries to medium heat and stir frequently; 10 minutes. (As cranberries cook, they will pop and splash, you may wish to cover them.)
- In pot 2, add the lemon juice and apples and return to a boil.
- cover apples, reduce heat to medium and stir occasionally; 5-7 minutes, until fork-tender.
- when apples are ready, put in blender with 1/2 remaining liquid and purée (add more liquid if needed).
- pour puréed apples into pot with cranberries and stir well.
- makes approximately 3 cups