|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Thin Spelt Pancakes|
|Contributed by: Tricia Blank||Added: Dec 19, 2011 at 10:26 AM|
My children enjoy these dry on the way to school, but also like them with syrup and other toppings.Note: works well with up to 1/2 of the flour as mixture of grains; such as Buckwheat, Oat, Rye, Barley, Rice.
How to make it:
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil light tasting
- 2 Tablespoons creamy honey, or agave
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk (rice milk for Type O secretor)
- 2 cups whole spelt flour (kamut for Type O secretor)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, or almond
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, only one if double acting
- Blend together eggs, flax, oil, and honey until creamy.
- Add milk and dry ingredients.
- Mix until well combined.
- Pour about 1/4 cup per pancake into frying pan or onto griddle.
- Shake pan to thin out pancakes, almost like crepes.
- Cook on Medium - High until bubbles are done popping. Then flip and allow to cook until well browned on other side.