|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|2011 Thanksgiving Pumpkin/Squash Gluten Free Cookies|
|Contributed by: MsRubyLu||Added: Nov 24, 2011 at 04:00 PM|
An easy way to use leftover squash. These freeze well and the spices can be adjusted for your taste. I used white sugar originally. I think agave or another sugar would work equally well. These aren't very sweet so could be glazed if you like. Nuts could also be a nice addition if you can eat them. They are very quick and easy to whip up.
How to make it:
- 1 1/2 cups leftover pumpkin or winter squash cooked and mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oil (I used almond oil)
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 1 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 tsp soda
- 1/2 cup sugar or equivalent
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder
- Mix all the wet ingredients together and add all of the dry ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- Makes about 4 dozen cookies