|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: ruthiegirl||Added: Nov 15, 2011 at 09:56 AM|
A chocolate cake that even O nonnies can eat! Makes a great birthday cake!
How to make it:
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 3/8 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup agave or molasses, or a mixture of the two
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or other compliant oil)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spray cooking spray (or grease and flour) an 8 inch or 9 inch round or square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add eggs, oil, and sweetener(s).
- Stir well, or use a mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- If mixing by hand, it may be easier to combine the liquid ingredients in a separate bowl before adding dry ingredients.
- Add the boiling water.
- The batter will be rather thin.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Cool and enjoy!
- You can top with powdered sugar, frosting, etc, if desired.