|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Sweet Potato Muffins|
|Contributed by: Julie in NC||Added: Oct 30, 2011 at 04:12 PM|
A wonderful, wheat-free muffin made with pureed sweet potatoes. Also easy on the tummy if you suffer from any GERD symptoms.
How to make it:
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon [baking powder Recipes]
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup cooked and pureed sweet potato
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup Almond Milk (I use a store-bought brand that is sweetened with cane juice).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease muffin tin.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl and set aside.
- Mix pureed sweet potatoes with the egg whites and other wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until dry ingredients are fully moistened.
- Don't overbeat.
- Optional: add 1/2 cup chopped almonds.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Cool.
- Store in the freezer if you don't eat them right away this helps them retain their moisture.