|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Turkey Breast with Artichoke Hearts|
Turkey breasts with artichoke hearts and goat cheese. It works well for other blood types, just adjust the contents.
How to make it:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces skinned, boned chicken or turkey breasts
- garlic to taste
- 3/4 cup frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 cup BTD compliant broth
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- l/4 cup minced shallots (about 3)
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot, cornstarch or rice flour
- l/4 cup crumbled goat or feta cheese
- Fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- l teaspoon thyme, divided
- Lemon rind strips (optional)
- l/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet, brown meat lightly in the olive oil. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Add shallots and artichoke, to skillet and saute for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove and spoon over the turkey or chicken pieces.
- Add flour to the remaining oil and stir to blend.
- Add broth and cook until thickened; pour over chicken. Bake the casserole at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Serves 4.