|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Contributed by: moosh!||Added: Oct 22, 2011 at 08:35 AM|
my version of the indian snack, chevda, but i use rye flakes as the base ingredient
How to make it:
- 150g rye flakes, toasted till golden in a dry pan on a low heat, for 5-10 minutes (or quinoa compliant flakes)
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- pinch of turmeric powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- sea salt (to taste)
- handful of raisins
- Melt the ghee in a pan, and the cumin seeds.
- When they start popping and sizzling, add the toasted rye flakes, reduce the heat to low and stir for a few minutes
- add the turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt - stir to combine spices well.
- Add raisins, mix, then leave to cool.
- When cool, transfer to an airtight container