|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|Herbed Roast & Veggies|
|Contributed by: Angelica H||Added: Oct 18, 2011 at 02:04 AM|
Delicious crock pot recipe full of fresh flavor! after cooking all day the broth becomes a really yummy sauce to pour over the meat and veggies. If you can't find a gluten free beer that will work for you substitute with extra beef broth.
How to make it:
- 3-4 lbs boneless rump roast
- rice flour to dust onto roast before browning
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 1/4 cups organic beef broth
- 1 bottle gluten free beer
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (plus more to season beef before browning)
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 large sweet potatoes diced
- 1 lb green beans trimmed
- 1 bag of organic spinach
- Season roast with salt and pepper
- Dust the roast with rice flour
- Heat large pan on high, add olive oil
- Brown roast for 3-4 min on each side
- Set roast into crock pot set on high for 8 hours
- Turn pan down to med heat add onions and garlic to pan saute for 3 - 4 min until soft.
- Add all herbs & salt into pan stir for 1 min.
- Add bottle of beer and beef broth to pan, scrape up any browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Pour the broth mixture into the crock pot.
- After the roast cooks in the crock pot for 7 hrs on high, add chopped sweet potato, carrots and trimmed green beans.
- Let cook for another hour.
- At the very end add bag of spinach & stir.
- Serve a slice of pot roast with a scoop of veggies and sauce.