|Reprinted from The Blood Type Diet Website (www.dadamo.com)|
|chocolate fruit crunchies|
|Contributed by: moosh!||Added: Oct 16, 2011 at 06:10 AM|
a BTD twist to the classic chocolate cornflake crunchies - very moreish but ultra filling.
How to make it:
- 100g rye flakes, lightly toasted in dry pan, low heat for 5 minutes
- 50g banana chips (sun-dried, no added oil or sugar)
- 50g raisins
- 50g ghee, melted
- 2 dessertspoons agave syrup
- 1-2 teaspoons black-strap molasses (according to taste)
- 2-3 level dessertspoons good quality cocoa powder (according to taste)
- Combine the toasted rye flakes, banana chips, raisins, and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl.
- Gently whisk together the melted ghee, molasses, and agave syrup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mix thoroughly, then transfer to a 8 inch loaf tin lined with greaseproof paper (no need to pre-grease tin); patting down the mixture firmly.
- Leave to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes before transferring to a fridge to set completely for 2 hours.
- Remove from fridge, cut into bars/squares, then transfer to an airtight container and store in fridge.